Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poetry For The Soul

LIFE

As my life spins out of control
I try to catch my footing
Try to focus on one thing
And finally see straight

Just when I think I have a grasp
It slips away.
And the world I knew
Is upside down once again

Waking up becomes a battle
The house doesn't clean itself
Diapers don't change themselves
And money doesn't grow on trees

Problems never go away
Unless you solve them
They just disappear for a while
And then return at the worse possible time

I'm living to work
And working to live
And trying to raise a child
Better than how I was

I am where I am
And I'm working towards something
You can't change time
But hopefully the wait is worth it.

I'm here for now
Looking up
With many options
And many years to come

And although time may bring me strife
It will also bring me happiness
And one day I will be where I'm suppose to be.
And that makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment